Public inquiry to dual A21 between Tonbridge and Pembury could be held next year
By kentsussex | Wednesday, October 31, 2012, 07:18
The government has said that a public inquiry into £100million plans to dual the A21 between Tonbridge and Pembury could be held in May 2013.
The scheme was given preliminary approval earlier this year - and will reportedly make journeys on the A21 safer and more reliable and bring economic benefits estimated at more than £400m.
Transport Minister Stephen Hammond said: "We will shortly be restarting the statutory process for the A21 Tonbridge to Pembury dualling scheme with the intention of the public inquiry taking place in May 2013.
"Formal Notice of the intention to hold a public inquiry will be issued in November and details of the venue, exact date and sitting times for the inquiry will follow in due course."