Passerby saves Tunbridge Wells trio after spotting blaze in their flat

Profile image for kentsussex

By kentsussex | Monday, November 26, 2012, 10:08

Three adults were saved by a quick-thinking passerby who spotted a blaze in their Tunbridge Wells flat.

Firefighters were called to a fire in the flat in Alandale Road at 11.55am on Saturday morning.

A fire service spokesman said: 'It is believed the cause of the fire was a portable grill that had been left on in the kitchen. 

'A passer by raised the alarm and woke the three adults in the flat.

'Crews using breathing apparatus fought the fire in the kitchen using a hose reel jet and then used a PPV fan to clear the rest of the smoke logged flat. 

'They also administered oxygen to one of the occupants. She was later taken to hospital by ambulance.'

Tweet this article
      

Comments

       
max 4000 characters
        
   

Latest Stories in Tunbridge Wells

       
      

Local Vouchers

       
   

Search for...

       
        
Min price is bigger than Max price
        
Min price is bigger than Max price
        
Min rent is bigger than Max rent